menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

banner

banner

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Should i have a baby?? someone give me advice please?

Q:   hi every one, 

im 21, ive been with my boyfriend for 2 years, i have a full time job and a part time job(this is just until my boyfriend moves in at the end of the year, so i can afford to pay off some of my loan faster, loan i took out to buy my furniture for my flat ), and i have my own place. 

every since i can remember ive been broody, i love kids! 

my 17 yr old sister gave birth on wednesday, and i was there with her holding her hand. it was amazing!. 

any way.... do you think its ok for me to have a baby round about now??? or should i try and be happy in work first? (i dont like being a receptionist, i was thinking of becoming a midwife but then i would struggle to pay my rent) 

i know alot about pregancy and babies, and i brought up my brother and my sister. 

sometimes i feel like im ready, and then sumtimes i feel like i should put it off.... i dont really know lol. 

ive been on the pill for 6 years now, without a break. do you think i should have a break>? 

my boyfriend is 24 and he lost a baby with his last gf. he makes out he hates kids, but i know thats an excuse cuz it destroyed him when his gf lost the baby. he udes to teach kids kickboxing so i know he loves kids. 


thanks in advance x




A:   Perhaps you and your bf could at least live together for a year or two first, because you want to know you and him are very stable before bringing a baby up. 

Look at the financial side too - have you been in your current job long enough to qualify for maternity pay? 

Also very importantly, both you and your bf should want this - you must listen and take on board what he says about 'hating kids.' I know you feel you have evidence that he really doesn't - but you can't sweep what he says under the carpet, nor assume he really thinks the opposite to his words just to make it fit with your desires. 

I would say give it some more time, and nurture and develop a more stable home first. I'm sure you'll have a baby together, there's no rush you have plenty of time. 

(Also it doesn't harm you being on the pill without a break.)